EngInSite Perl Editor
Version 3.8.5 build 170
If you've used Windows programming tools like Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Delphi, EngInSite Perl Editor's IDE
will be familiar to you. If not, you'll find that the visual environment
can give you a dramatic productivity boost!
You will value syntax highlighting for PERL, HTML and other languages,
customizable and expandable code templates, context-sensitive PERL and
variables and modules, Unicode support and charset settings, unlimited
undo and redo capabilities, standard Find and Replace dialogs enhanced
with regular expressions, viewing and editing of the clipboard content,
customizable toolbar and more and more and more.
Just say NO to the Notepad.
Screenshoots not available
Create, edit, debug and run Perl scripts with this powerful editor.
Perl Editor by EngInSite is a complete integrated development environment (IDE) for creating, testing, and debugging Perl scripts; the tool runs on Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP or later.
If you've used Windows programming tools like Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Delphi, EngInSite Perl Editor's IDE will be familiar to you. If not, you'll find that its visual environment can give you a dramatic productivity boost!
EngInSite Perl Editor is available in two versions: Professional and Lite (freeware).
A built-in FTP, SSH, WebDAV client enables EngInSite Perl Editor to access and work directly with files located remotely on almost any server. You can run your script on your production server. You can run it on the integrated web server with Perl support. You can run it on local Apache or IIS server. You can run it as a plain Perl script. You can see the output in any browser or in the Command Prompt or in the Output window.
EngInSite Perl Editor features a visual editor/debugger similar to Microsoft Windows programming tools like Visual Basic or Delphi.
This integrated debugger enables you easily to set both absolute and conditional breakpoints, single-step through code, and inspect values of variables in your script. These features--especially when combined with EngInSite Perl Editor's Local Server--make finding problems in your code very easy.
If you ever developed sophisticated Perl projects you will appreciate the ability to navigate functions, scalars, arrays, and hashes in your code.
- Configurable toolbars
- Configurable shortcuts
- Configurable editor key commands
- Savable workspace
- Project tree, CVS tree, File manager for the local and remote files
- Define your own color schemes for unlimited ways of displaying your code.
- Get down to writing code quickly with our project templates.
- Our Code Navigator makes viewing your project a breeze.
- Debug via an easy, intuitive interface.
- You don't have to spend valuable time on configuring your environment - EngInSite Perl Editor does it all for you.
- Customize the Editor's user interface any way you like.
- A convenient tool, Navigator, will make sure you are never lost in your project
- Setting unconditional and conditional breakpoints
- Stepwise execution
- Execution of separate functions
- Pausing and continuing of the execution
- Synchronous output of the results to STDOUT
- Error analysis with highlighting the error containing lines
- Detailed parsing of the evaluation results
- Visual profiler
- List of the initialized variables
- Subroutines list
Version control (CVS and SVN)
- CVS-support on the file and project level
- Graphical CVS interface
- Subversion support
- Project support
- Project creating from the local or remote directory as well as CVS repository
- Export of the existing projects to CVS
- Project synchronization for publication Online
- Can run as a standalone application
- Configurable handlers and time-outs
- Redirect, Directory listing and Multiple Choice support
- Detailed 404-Error handling
- "Access denied" and "Authentication failed" -support
- List of default documents
- Sessions and cookies support
- SSI capabilities
- Apache support, integrated web server can run simultaneously with the Apache
- Improved FTP support
- SSH1 / SSH2 support
- WebDAV support
- New Open Remote and Save Remote dialogs
- All-In-One File manager for the local and remote files
- Tip Of The Days
- Export and import of the custom settings
- You can see the output in any browser -- or at the Command Prompt -- or in the Output window: your choice, pick any way you like.
Perl Editor's system requirements:
Windows 98 or later
256 MB of RAM
40 MB of free disk space
While EngInSite Perl Editor runs under Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP the scripts you create may be used on any system which supports Perl (Unix, Windows NT, Mac, etc.).